Dan or Justy
To Do List: (sample)
- Get the hell out of this sweltering oven of a van.
- Find shade. Quickly.
- Drink water.
- Eat cold liquid breakfast.
- Argue with each other if the other so much as says one freaking word ...
- Pour rest of water on head. See item just above ...
- Carefully plan day to include maximum shade and cold liquids.
- Ice cream too.
- Don't forget the ice cream ...
- I swear to god, if you forget the ice cream ...
- Use internet b/c the establishment is air-conditioned.
- Observe natural wonder of the world.
- Retreat to shade.
- Find place to park for the night, near public bathrooms.
- Justine cooks scrumptious meal using almost no ingredients.
- Dan whines about cleaning dishes.
- Justine knocks Dan clean out with the heaviest pot we have.
- Try to sleep while sweat pours off body and threatens to drown you.
- Drunk people wander by and loudly proclaim the van to be "awesome".
- Blessed unconsciousness arrives.
- Dream about a sauna ...
- Slow realization you are being cooked alive ...
- See a light, you want to go into it ...
- but you don't b/c it's the sun, your immortal enemy!
- It is between 7 and 7:30 am.
Australian Iced Coffee, I've found out, is a mere excuse for ice cream delivery! It has little to do with actual ice and coffee, as mere Americans might expect, but globs of ice cream in a regular coffee. More dessert, rather than caffeine delivery system. Maybe thats why I get the weird looks when I order one for brekky?
No matter. The coffee ordering system here is wacked anyway. For a regular (esprosso-based) coffee you ask for a tall white. For a black its a short or tall black, those are just the shots you see. Cappuccinos, mochaccinos and lattes abound. But a mere dark coffee, simple and pure, is not easy to some across. You can imagine what Dan must be putting up with.
We're off sailing! Be back by tuesday with a full report, a few watercolor paintings, and hopefully no stings to tell about. Dont worry mom, they make you wear a stinger suit to get into the water! Their suits are as thin nylon stockings and WORK (Dan wins a bet here) and our actual skin suits will be more then plenty protection.
See you laterz!
20: Winery Tour
21-23: Moreton Bay Diving
25: Australia Zoo
26-30: Lady Elliot Island
13: Diving the Yongala
15-17: Cape Tribulation + Daintree Rain Forest
17-20: Atherton Tablelands
22-28: Coral Sea Diving Liveaboard
11-13: OzTek Dive Conference: Sydney
14: Fly to New Zealand
20: Poor Knights Islands Diving
31: Mt. Cook
TBD: To Be Dreamed
Digital Pix Courtesy of Shimmivision.com
More Digital and Film Pix Coming Soon.